The candidate preparing for any of the defense exams such as AFCAT, CDS, or NDA should possess good physical and mental health. Every aspirant is expected to be free from diseases or disabilities. Diseases and disabilities are considered to be barriers to accomplish the work profile of the cadets. Defense exam aspirants prepare for the written exam which is conducted in the first phase.
The physical tests are conducted after the aspirants qualify for the written exam. They must maintain their body and health while preparing for the written exam. There are some set parameters for body measurements and health that every aspirant must ensure if they are appearing in any of the defense exams.
Candidates join AFCAT coaching in Chandigarh or CDS coaching in Chandigarh or NDA Coaching in Chandigarh but every institute does not impart physical training. The candidates have to work out their own sources to keep them physically fit to qualify for the cadet training.
The tips to follow to improve physical fitness during the defense exam preparations are as follows:
To maintain physical conditioning
- Candidates should maintain physical conditioning by doing running, skipping, push-ups, chin-ups, and rope climbing. These are the best exercises to keep physical fitness.
- They should run for at least 2 to 5 kilometers in 15 minutes to enhance the stamina.
- Develop a daily routine of doing at least 25 pushups and sit-ups to tone up flexibility in the body movements.
- Keep doing these exercises even if you have joined any coaching for a written exam.
- Eventually, you will need physical fitness to qualify for the training in the subsequent academy.
To maintain proper blood pressure
- Maintain healthy eating habits. Take whole food and fruits than to take polished or processed food.
- Any illness related to blood pressure should be treated well to a negligible level. It is possible if one maintains a healthy eating regime.
- Take proper meals, do not skip meals or take unnecessary snacks between the meals.
- Irregular eating habits tend to fluctuations in blood pressure.
- Monitor your health parameters regularly and make changes in your eating habits subsequently.
To monitor weight
- The physical measurement is examined in the final stage of the selection process.
- Note down the chart showing the prescribed for body and weight gender-wise.
- Monitor your weight according to your height, age, and gender.
- Keep a close eye on your weight to avoid rejection.
- The desirable height and weight for male and female candidates are given for quick reference.
TABLE SHOWING Height and Weight standards of male and female candidates
Height and Weight Standards of Males
Height and Weight Standards of Females
Maintain a healthy chest
- Candidates should have a healthy chest. The minimum chest expansion for males after full inspiration must be 5 cms. The 0.5 cm difference can be ignored if it appears in the recording.
- Chest X-Ray will be performed to ensure any pre-existing disease.
- To avoid any chest diseases keep doing yoga and breathing exercises to keep it healthy.
Permanent body tattoos
- Try not to get any permanent body tattoos except or inner face of the forearm. It is not permissible on any other part of the body.
- In case candidates are found with permanent body tattoos, they will be debarred from the training program of cadets in any of the defense academies.
- In case the tattoo marks are existing on any of the body parts as a custom or ritual then those are permissible for the related tribes but not for the general category.
- Do not get carried away by the existing fashion and social trends to get the body tattoos done without giving a second thought.
- Read the instructions related to permanent body tattoos before getting it done.
To have natural and sound teeth
- Candidates must possess natural and sound teeth.
- Take care of your teeth by brushing them regularly and get them clinically cleaned by Dentists. Regular check-ups of gums should be done to monitor sound teeth.
- It is mandatory to have natural and sound teeth.
- An aspirant must not be suffering from serious pyorrhea. It can be avoided by taking due care of gums and teeth throughout.
Do eye muscle exercises
- Eye vision should be normal which can be maintained by doing regular eye muscle exercises.
- It will avoid short or long-sightedness in the eye.
- The limits of myopia in an eye are -1.5 and Hypermetropia should be +1.5.
- In case you have any of these, try to maintain the minimum limit by doing regular eye muscle exercises and have healthy food habits.
These are some of the must-do things to maintain physical fitness while doing defense exam preparations. Joining any of the best AFCAT coaching in Chandigarh or CDS coaching in Chandigarh or NDA Coaching in Chandigarh will enhance the performance in the written exam. Candidates’ own efforts are required to maintain physical fitness by way of doing regular exercises and monitoring a healthy diet. These habits are to be developed and not learned. Follow the tips for a healthy regime to keep your body fit and fine.
This is a guest post.
Contributed by: IBT Chandigarh